casual clicks ... with a sip of sermon :)

Started from office early today…  while on my way back, was wondering if the clouds would stay back after sun-set. As it happens often, the clouds create hope in your mind and just at the right moment (10-15 mins that follow after sunset)  go missing !!!

Reached home, and peeped out of the window. There was a gentle glow on buildings outside (I can only see other ‘buildings’ from within my ‘building’ :-( )
Such light it always amazing …
2 quick (and contrasting) thoughts crossed my mind… 1. Rush to terrace and take pictures 2. Forget it.. clouds will usually just play tricks... not worth the effort.

Such are the moments when one has to push oneself to take chances …. I did and I made tea for myself !!
(a Big ‘thank you!’ to the inventors of induction cookers… made tea in 40 seconds flat!! :-P)
And peeped out the window again, telling myself not to be disappointed if the clouds and the awesome light are gone by now, but to my surprise, the glow was still there.

This was too tempting, even for lazy person like me. Went into my bedroom to fetch the camera. There it was, lying abandoned for days…  it had acquired layer of dust, quite literally! (yeah, I am too careless at times!)
Took the terrace keys, went straight up and guess what, the game was still on !
Made a few shots, but more than that, the experience was amazing…
Felt like the central character of some novel from the 50s, watching the sun-set, sipping on the coffee (mine was good ol' tea!), having philosophical thoughts and blah blah !!
My philosophical thoughts? "For God’s sake! why isn’t having tea considered hip ?! .. I might as well kill one of these novelists for not liking tea and more so for making ‘the coolest guy’ not drink tea. Just spoils my fantasy, you know !!!"

The picture, even by my standards (which I ensure are low enough so that I can qualify often :-P),  isn’t ‘quite there’! But nevertheless, 'its there', for it made me realize (for the nth time, and yet I don't learn) that the ‘effort itself can be worth it, although the outcome may not!’ :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment